CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

.

.

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up

Friday
I spent the day working at the restaurant and had a fabulous day!!  The weather was beautiful and we were so busy....busy is good in the life of a waitress!!  Busy is a little bit different in the life of a labor and delivery nurse!!  I had plans that night to meet Chad & Janelle for dinner at 7 and was rushing to get out of there to meet them on time.  I was only a few minutes late.  We ended up eating at Applebee's again, luckily we didn't have the same waiter!!  We ate lots of good food that was very bad for us and talked the entire time!!  We had a lot of fun.  Chad hadn't gone to sleep yet from working the night before so he went home after we ate.  Janelle's sister and her family came in to town to surpise them and she wanted to get home to hang out with them.  She also had to be at work at 7 in the morning.  I on the other hand was not ready to go home even though I had to be at work at 6 the next morning!!  I met up with my friend Abby from work at a little bar close to our houses.  We were just hanging out at the bar talking and singing along to the music, maybe dancing a little bit in our chairs....next thing we know drinks are put in front of us and the bartender tells us "the tall guy on the end bought them for you".  We turned to look but no idea which "tall guy" it was!  We enjoyed our drink and tall guy came to talk to us....we were definitely not interested in this long haired, leather jacket wearing, drunk, tall guy!  We said thank you and continued with our own conversation!!  We ended up calling it a night not to long after that!

Saturday
I realized about 2 o'clock in the morning that red bull must have been in the drink the night before.  I went to sleep right when I got home because I knew I had to be at work at 6.  I was awake at 2 but was able to go back to sleep but was up again at 3:15 and I was still awake at 4:30 when my alarm went off!  Not being able to sleep when I am tired, I believe, is the worst thing ever!!  I made it through work just fine and even did a little shopping after.  I got 2 new pair of scrubs which I have been needing for a while.  I then went to Maurices because they had some jeans on sale.  Of course, every pair I tried on I didn't like!  I actually didn't find anything!!  I went home and laid down for a while so I would be able to stay awake for the movie!! 
Some girls from work had been  talking about having a movie night and watching Breaking Dawn and that's what we were doing tonight!!  I woke up around 5 knowing we were all supposed to be meeting at Abby's at 6!  I texted her to see if I could bring something and I decided I would bring puppy chow because I had all the stuff here to make it.  Well, I thought I did....I didn't have enought peanut butter so I just decided to cut the recipe in half.  I then realized that I still had some reeses peanut butter cups from making Christmas cookies so I melted some of those down too with the chocolate peanut butter mixture already melting.  Let me tell you, I'm pretty sure this was the best puppy chow ever!!!  Anyway, one of the girls ended up not being able to come so it was just 3 of us (with enough food for 12) so we went ahead and started the movie.  We were such girls and had so much fun!!  After the movie was over we talked about it for a while and then lots of other stuff and before we knew it, it was 12:30 and we were all in need of a bed!!  We will definitely be doing that again!!

Sunday
I set my alarm so I could decide if I was going to go to Paducah or not.  I was scheduled to work tonight so I wasn't sure if I was going to go or not, well I decided to go anyway and I'm so glad I did!!!  My friend Danielle was going also and we got there about the same time.  Madelyn greeted me at the door followed by her beautiful momma and new baby brother Miles.  Of course, I didn't come empty handed so I gave Madelyn my little gift bag so she could see what I brought her (the cutest little owl sock hat I got at Target...on clearance of course) and she loved it!!  I also got Miles something too but it's practical and he doesn't really care about presents yet.  I couldn't wait to get my hands on that baby and took him straight from Lacy.  I didn't realized Danielle hadn't even gotten to hold him yet!  Woops...I'm sort of a baby hog....ask anybody and they would say a MAJOR baby hog! Well, we passed the baby back and forth and talked a lot of wedding talk.  Danielle had to fill me in on all the details she's working on for her October wedding.  So exciting!!  We ate a wonderful lunch of salad, lasagna and peanut butter pie and then there was more baby holding!!   After he ate, we laid him on the couch so he could stretch out....so I got my camera out to take some pics!

 
Love this...it's like he wants to tell me HI!
 
It was a short trip but I'm so glad I decided to go.  I ended up getting standby but they forgot to call me.  I left early because I wanted to make sure I got home in plenty of time to get my things ready for work.  They called me about 15 minutes from home to tell me that I had standby but they forgot to tell me...I could have stayed longer and visited.  All well, guess that just means I will have to go again soon!!  I came home and changed my clothes and went straight to the gym, I knew if I sat down I wouldn't go.  I'm so glad I did!  I did 2.25 miles!!  After that, I ran to walmart to get a few groceries and it must have been singles night because those were the only people shopping!!  It was funny to me!!  It was not a good idea for me to go buy groceries because I was hungry and everybody knows that's a bad idea! 
I had a fabulous weekend that was full of friends, work, shopping, movies, food and wedding talk and it was great!!! 

0 comments: