CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

.

.

Monday, March 12, 2012

My Green Monster

Ok, so I tweaked my last recipe a little bit and am much happier with it!!
I posted over the weekend how I had tried one but it was too frothy for me and I wanted to make it a little more dense.  SUCCESS today!!

2 cups of spinach
1/2 cup fruit (I had a frozen mix of peach, mango, strawberries and pineapple, thawed)
vanilla low fat yogurt (the little cup, single serving)
1/2 cup almond milk (I used unsweetened vanilla)
6 ice cubes

 This made about 3 cups and when I put it in SparkPeople recipe calculator it came up with 211 calories!!I told me everything else too!!  I was very happy with the consistency of this and it is sweet enough for me.  Some recipes call for a sweetener of some sort but I did without it this time and it tastes great to me!! 

Let me know if you all try it!!!

Get outside and enjoy this great (windy) beautiful weather!!!  I'm headed to work!!