CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

.

.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up

Friday
I got up and worked at the restaurant for a few hours, went to get my nails done and did a little shopping.  I came home and started watching Army Wives, before I knew it, it was dark outside and I watched several episodes.  I got up and got ready to meet some friends at a local bar for the second round of a karaoke contest my friend Abby was in.  Of course, she was awesome and made it to the finals!!!  The 3 of us must have sat at a table with a sign above it that said "Please come introduce yourself to us....we would love for you random guys to come talk to us!"  HA!!!  We gave fake names of Mary, Rebecca and Penny!!  We referred to ourselves as that the rest of the night!!!  We ended up leaving and going to one more place but didn't stay long, the crowd at that place was not for us.  I had to get home and to bed so I could be at work at 7 in the morning!

Saturday
I worked all day at the restaurant. It was an ok day. My plan was to go home and take a nap then get together with some friends that night.Well, plans were starting earlier than I thought so I just hurried home to shower and get ready. I met Niki at her house and we left from there. We met other girls and did a little shopping while their husbands were out playing golf. We were going to meet up with them later. I ended up not finding anything I actually wanted. I was a little disappointed. We eventually stopped shopping so we could go get a table at Buffalo Wild Wings for all 12 of us. The guys met us there and we watched some of the ball games on tv and ate dinner.
Niki & I  
Alice, Kristen & Rachel 
Group picture!
We decided to go hang out at a bar in town for a little bit.  This place was packed!!  I guess being a Saturday and St. Patricks Day a lot more people than normal were out!!  We had a good time!  I got hit on my someone who was about half a foot shorter than me....and I was definitely not interested.  I couldn't get him to stop talking to me.  Thank goodness his friends were ready to leave and he finally went with him (after they came to get him 2 different times!)  His opening "line" to me was "I wrote a song titled with your name".  He then proceeded to ask me if I had a "smart phone" and told me to look it up on the internet.  I should have lied and said I didn't have a phone, or facebook or email!!  HA!!!  Like I said, he eventually left.  The bar was clearing out and we were all ready to head home.

Sunday
I stayed at Niki's and the dog slept with me all night.  We got up around 10 and got ready to head in to town.  She needed to get some groceries and some other things so we went shopping.....again!!  We shopped for a little bit then went and got some lunch.  We finished up the little bit of shopping she had left then went to pick up her boys from their aunts house.  We went back to their house and hung out for a little bit then I went home to get ready for work.  This weekend was so fun and I'm so glad I got to hang out with so many of my friends!!

0 comments: